How often have you said to yourself, “I need to eat healthier,” but when snack time comes around, you reach for the bag of chips or cookies instead of something nutritious? Who doesn’t love snacks? They’re the perfect pick-me-up when you feel hungry or need a little energy boost. But sometimes, it can be hard to find healthy snacks that are also easy to make. If unhealthy snacking is a downfall of yours, don’t worry. Here are five quick and easy healthy snacks that will satisfy your craving without ruining your diet.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs. Hard-boiled eggs make a great and healthy snack, and they’re packed with nutrients and minerals like protein, potassium, and vitamin A. Plus, they’re low in calories and carbs, making them a perfect choice if you’re looking to stay on track with your diet. And thanks to their portability, they’re ideal for taking on hikes, road trips, or any other activity where you might need a bite to eat.
- Whole Wheat Toast with Tuna. Just toast some Whole wheat bread and top it with some tuna fish. This snack is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and a good source of protein, which will help keep you feeling full until your next meal. Plus, Whole wheat toast is a good source of fiber..
- Guacamole. It’s easy to make and doesn’t require any cooking, and all you need is a bowl, some ripe avocados, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, and high in monounsaturated fats, this dip is a great way to fuel your body and keep you going throughout the day. Plus, it’s packed with vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin C, and folate, and it’s super delicious and sure to satisfy your cravings.
- Celery with Tuna Salad. Celery is an excellent vessel for holding all sorts of different fillings, from peanut butter to tuna salad. The combination of protein and fiber in celery and tuna makes it a filling snack that will help keep you satisfied until your next meal. Plus, celery is low in calories and has a high water content, which means it’s perfect for when you’re looking for something crunchy and refreshing.
- Chia Seed Pudding. Chia seed pudding is a great snack because it’s healthy, easy to make, and satisfying. The seeds are high in fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, making them a good source of nutrients. They also have a mild flavor that goes well with many different toppings, such as berries, bananas, or shredded coconut. Also, unlike some other healthy snacks, chia seed pudding is easy to make; all you need is some milk or water and a few minutes to stir the ingredients together.
Snacking doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure. Snacking can help you reach your daily calorie and nutrient goals when done right. With a little bit of creativity, you can make good snacks for yourself AND taste great. So next time you’re feeling the urge to indulge in something unhealthy, try one of these instead!